EngenderHealth is currently looking for a short-term Facilitator for EmONC training (11 days total) for its Fistula Care Plus (FC+) project in Nigeria. The facilitator will work closely with the FC+ Clinical associate to draft and facilitate training of health care providers on Basic Emergency Obstetric care (BEmOC) and Obstetric Fistula.
This training is intended to strengthen the technical capacity of health care workers (doctors, midwives, clinical nurses and CHEWs), so that they have the required knowledge, skills, and attitudes that will enable them to provide the required quality essential and emergency obstetric care in order to prevent maternal mortality and morbidities such as obstetric fistula. It will also strengthen awareness and sensitization of health workers on obstetric fistula, thus, enabling them to reliably recognize potential or actual clients with fistula for early institution of appropriate treatment or referral to designated fistula centres.
S/he will perform the below mentioned tasks:
· Draft and conduct pre- and post- test for participants; analyze results following the training to include in report (1day)
· Prepare a joint agenda for a three-day EmONC training with emphasis on prevention and treatment of obstetric Fistula (OF) and SRH-focused program. (1 days)
· Adapt pre-existing curriculum on EmONC/LSS to fit the context of the training (2 days)
· Facilitate training in Abakaliki, Ebonyi state. Share any materials and curricula used with EngenderHealth at the end of the training. (6 days, two batches for a 3-day training)
Draft and submit a training report as needed (1 day).
Recommended Course to Learn: Learn How To Build, Manage & Make Money From An E-commerce Website
MIN REQUIRED EXPERIENCE:
• Nursing • Midwifery
• Nurse / Midwife
Education, Experience & Certifications
· A minimum of five (5) years’ experience as an LSS or EmONC trainer;
· Experience in providing trainings for facilitators, specifically on topics related to maternal health and fistula
· Knowledge of Nigerian context;
· Significant experience working with local and international NGOs and/or UN organizations.
To apply, please send CV to [email protected] Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Application Deadline: 16th December 2016